Monday, January 4, 2010

Active Colitis Pregnant With Active Ulcerative Colitis!!?

Pregnant with Active Ulcerative Colitis!!? - active colitis

You know what? Come and discover, I am now 6 weeks pregnant after 8 months of dealing with active UC. I have very mixed feelings, because I through a lot in the last 8 weeks. Both colonoscopy and eight weeks of steroids began in the higher dose and in the last four weeks with Levitra. I'm only 10 mg of steroids, but I'm not happy, something to take during pregnancy (by the way I do not know, but if the reputation of those who had done so far). I have UC, almost two and a half years, which never resolved without steroids. My doctor says I'm in a difficult year or less. I could not understand, while active UC? Has anyone any experience of pregnancy and active UC? Excuse the pun, but I'm bricking!

2 comments:

frisbee4... said...

Hello, I have chronic patients Simal I was on steroid tablets during pregnancy than $ 1 per day and my children, but I have 3 children born and still does not seem to anyharm, but the world is so difrent The continued worried go back and ask your doctor. I was good during my pregnancy, but after my 3rd Child that I never recovered and had surgery on my belly, good luck with the pregnancy xx

vicki said...

I have Crohn's disease and was never informed by my advisor CD while I was pregnant active. I think it's because your child may not have the nutrients it needs more emphasis on whether your baby will be fine, while your CPU is too active, it can be even worse. My disease is not active when I was pregnant with my son, HES 2 and a half and I've been good since, except during the odd and even steroids. Talk to your doctor about this is the only way you can make your mind calm, that have experienced such things. I wish you good luck, I hope that all is well for you.

Post a Comment